September is the time when the legendary Valamar Terra Magica mountainbike race is held in the village of Rabac. Rabac, located straight at the seaside, provides you best standard Valamar Hotels as well as the Valamar Bike Center. Together with mountainbike profenssional Matthias Grick, you will be out to discover the Terra Magica proved roads and trails through the istrien woods. Matthias will prepare you for the mountainbike race on the fourth day of the camp. You will inspect the race course and get tips how to prepare your body and your bike for a race. The participation in the race is not a must. If not, you will be out for a training ride on Sunday as well.
About Matthias Grick:
"My home village is Bad Mitterndorf in Styria. I already can look back to a long professional cycling career, starting with 15 years. This will be my 5th year as KTM factory rider. My Club is the Cycling Team Graz. I became 4th at Austrian National Champs as my best result. I started and will start again in the MTB Worldcup. I am stage winner of the Parenzana Stage Race, got 2nd in Valamar Terra Magica marathon and finished top 10 at the international cross country races in Groznjan and Premantura."
- Escort and guidance by professional XC rider Matthias Grick, KTM factory rider from Austria
- First day: technic and skills training guided by Matthias Grick
- Second and third day: Valamar Terra Magica route inspection with Matthias Grick
- Everyday: gymnastic and stretching sessions in a group
- 1 Evening lesson with Anja Isajlovic (professional sports physiotherapist in the austrian national mountainbike team): Regeneration tips and how to prevent injuries
- Training tips from professional XC rider Matthias Grick, KTM factory rider
- Fourth day: possibility of participation on UCI C3 race Valamar Terra Magica (special price for camp participants)
- KTM bikes test event
- Daily laundry service for sportswear
- Half board including a rich breakfast and dinner