Don't miss out on Crna Ovca weekend in Baška on the island of Krk!
Crna Ovca, a famed festival dedicated to lamb, individualism, creativity, island heritage, popular culture and sports, this year returns to Baška on the island of Krk with a packed programme of events that will take place from 12 to 14 May. The programme of this exciting spring weekend will offer enjoyment for all the senses, relaxation for the mind, and recreation for the body.
Begin the weekend with some sport activities...
Crna Ovca invites you to spend an active holiday with a three-day trekking & trail camping programme, a 'Shepherd's mountain climb', a cycling tour, a flight in a balloon, and attending the traditional Corinthia Cup sailing regatta in the Bay of Baška.
… then enjoy the flavour and scent of lamb's meat...
Savour the tasty local lamb and good wine, but don't miss out on the sheep shearing or learn how to prepare homemade valcići pasta. Have fun at a cooking competition and the performances of the cultural and artistic ensembles of the island of Krk, and the legendary Halubajski Zvončari bell ringers.
… take some time for something interesting...
Visit the 'David Bowie by Brian Rasic' photo exhibition, a street art mural festival, and a lecture about the post-human future.
… and finally, have a great night out with Croatia's leading rock bands: LET 3, TBF and Jinx!
All programmes are free for visitors.
The proud organisers – the Municipality of Baška, Baška Tourist Board, and the main sponsor and partner Valamar Riviera – look forward to welcoming you to Baška.
Black is back! Welcome!
- Opening of the 'David Bowie by Brian Rasic' photo exhibition
- Concert: JINX – Zagreb
- Crna Ovca Trekking & Trail Camping (three-day trekking & trail camping)
- Shepherd's mountain climb – hiking tour
- Bicycle to the Moon – cycling tour
- Ascending in a hot air balloon
- Corinthia Cup: sailing regatta
- Baška food: preparation of local valcići pasta
- Street art
- Mrgar on the waterfront: sheep shearing presentation
- Korado Korlević: "Trans-human agenda: the last century of homo sapiens" – lecture
- Cooking competition: preparation of lamb stew
- Performance of cultural and artistic ensembles of the island of Krk
- Theatre Exit: theatrical performance
- The Beat Fleet: concert
- LET 3: concert
- Corinthia Cup: second race and award ceremony (sailing regatta)