- free use of bicycles, guided cycling tours and complete service for cyclists
- fitness centre (included in the accommodation price)
- multipurpose sports grounds
- sports centre on the beach (additional charge)
- daily activities and evening entertainment for adults
For active families, couples and bicycle enthusiasts
There is no shortage of activities, fun and sports in the Valamar Pinia Hotel. This hotel specially catering for cyclists will impress you with its facilities and carefully-tailored services for an exciting holiday on 2 wheels. Take advantage of the free use of a bicycle and join other guests on guided cycling tours. Work out in the hall, by the pool or in the fitness centre. Take part in the sports tournaments or try an exciting water sport. Children (from 4-17 years of age) will spend the best holiday they've ever had with Maro the mascot and the games, adventures and activities organised by our multilingual entertainment team. In the evening, you'll have great fun with live music, the outdoor cinema, and imaginative events.
Sport and Recreation in Valamar Pinia Hotel
A daily sports programme at the Valamar Pinia Hotel will keep boredom at bay and fitness to the fore for those seeking an active vacation in Poreč. Raise your heart rate with some cardiovascular exercises in the fitness centre or tone your muscles with aqua aerobics and a gym work-out. Sports enthusiasts can head to the courts for basketball, volleyball, badminton, tennis or other activities while junior athletes can compete in the children’s mini-Olympics. Future footballers will love the five-a-side matches, and water lovers can take to the waves on pedal boats and sea kayaks.
Sport activities at the hotel:
- sports and recreational activities, sports tournaments
- multi-purpose playing field
- sports and recreation programmes
- free use of bikes and organised cycling tours
- bike storage room
- beach volleyball
- table tennis
- free climbing wall (for children)
Sport activities in the vicinity of the hotel (at extra charge):
- sports centre - 100 m from the building, open April through October
- tennis courts
- banana boat rides
- jet ski
Cycling Features and Facilities in Valamar Pinia Hotel
Istria is a true biking gem for pros and amateurs alike. From pristine beaches on the Adriatic coast to the enchanted hilltop towns in the hinterland there are hundreds of kilometres of MTB trails and countryside roads to be explored. You can find everything from epic road bike tours with demanding climbs to uncharted single trails in the shady woodlands. A special attraction is the Parenzana MTB trail, a restored railway route 90 km in lenght. The Valamar Pinia Hotel is fully equipped to cater for bikers of all kinds making your biking holiday a truly memorable experience.
Mild climate and breathtaking scenery provide a perfect setting for a biking experience. The biking season extends from early spring to late autumn making Istria the perfect choice for both training camps and family biking holidays.
Biking services at the Valamar Pinia Hotel
- Safe bike storage, capacity 160 bicycles
- Bike washing area
- Set of tools for simple repairs and
- Set of basic spare parts (extra charge)
- Bike info corner with route descriptions and biking magazines
- Energy pack: ISO drink, energy bar, a banana (extra charge)
- Laundry services available for your sports clothes (extra charge)
- Biking maps of the region
- Pasta-party for bikers (surcharge)
- Hire (MTB, road bikes, e-bikes)
- Free download of GPS coordinates for various routes
- GPS hire
- Guided road biking tours (extra charge)
- Personal biking guide (extra charge)
- Free bike use
- Biking tours of local landmarks with an animation team
Istria offers fantastic mountain bike ride posssibilities for all profiles of bikers. Mild climate enables bike riding frm March all the way up to the end of October.
Over 2000 km of marked MTB routes criss-crosses and connects almost the whole of Istria from mild routes along the coast to more technically demanding routes in the hillyhinterland.
Ambitious bikers can test their skill and form on the UCI MTB tracks of the Istria Valamar Terra Magica marathon.
To see our MTB services in the hotel, please .
Road bike (road cycling)
Istria is a new jewel on the map of road biking destinations and it is just waiting to be discovered and experienced on two wheels. Thousands of kilometers of country roads intertwine the Adriatic coast with the picturesque hinterland offering a myriad of possibilities to explore its beauty on a bike. Mild climate lets you enjoy bike trips from March until the end of October which makes istria equally attractive for season opening and a summer biking holiday.
Thanks to our cooperation with the Istrabike.com agency, since 2014 Valamar Pinia has raised its category of its services for road cyclists to the PRO level. Under the guidance of professional triathlete Barbara Tesar and her team, this year’s program includes weekly Istriabike bike camps offering the highest level of service for road cyclists consisting of 5 guided tours per week divided into various levels, ongoing technical support and bike-hire of quality road bikes. In addition, the Istriabike team are always at hand to share advice and provide information regarding your riding experience and cycling in Istria.
Entertainment and activities in Valamar Pinia Hotel
A diverse entertainment package ensures plenty of holiday fun for the whole family at the Valamar Pinia Hotel. By day, limber up with some light aerobics or join in beach volleyball. Children can scale the heights of the Maro mini club climbing wall or join in the mini-Olympics, football tournaments and pirate games organised by the talented animation team. When night falls, take in a live music show at the hotel or stroll into Poreč and sample local wines at a romantic pavement café serenaded by the cool sounds of jazz or dance till the early hours at one of the many nightclubs.
ANIMATION FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS
- Maro Club
- daily animation for children aged 4 to 12, from 15 June to 31 August work in groups of 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12 years
- ice cream party at the Maro Club
- afternoon mini snack at the Maro mini club - till 12 May and from 19 September
- Teens Lounge for youth between 13 and 17 years of age (15 June - 31 August)
- children's playground
- children's swimming pool
- sports games for children: lawn bowls, mini Olympics, futsal, pool games
- sports options for children: a rock for free climbing, mini-golf, various creative games for children, table tennis, football, beach volleyball, beach football
ACTIVITIES FOR ADULTS
- sports and recreational programmes: morning exercise (nordic walking, speed walking, jogging), Pilates, pool exercise, aqua aerobics, aerobics, cycling tours
- sports competitions: beach volleyball, beach football, football, table tennis, mini-golf, basketball
- art atelier (July and August)
- evening music
- evening entertainment programme: magician, animation show programme
- open-air cinema
What are you waiting for? Find your dream holiday!
Book now ›