Experience Makarska - a place where a magnificent mountain meets the sea!
The small Mediterranean town of Makarska is located in Central Dalmatia, in the heart of the sunny Makarska Riviera, known for having the most beautiful pebbly beaches in Croatia. The town, whose first inhabitants arrived here some 8,000 years ago, emerged from a natural harbour protected by the Sveti Petar and Osejava peninsulas at the foot of majestic Mount Biokovo, whose highest peak is Sveti Jure (1,762 m).
During the summer, Makarska is a vibrant coastal town with a variety of cafés, restaurants, clubs, and sports and entertainment facilities for the entire family along its 2-kilometre-long promenade, which is situated next to attractive beaches. The town's main cultural and historical sights are the Franciscan Monastery, the Co-Cathedral of St. Mark the Evangelist, the Vepric Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, and the Museum of Malacology with its 3,000 specimens of shells.
If you are a fan of activity holidays, Makarska offers numerous challenges both on the sea and on the steep slopes of Mount Biokovo. Here, you can experience various excursions and a fantastic nightlife, and also reward your palate with a delicious Dalmatian pašticada beef stew and Makarana cake.
The best reasons to visit Makarska
- the most beautiful pebbly beaches in Croatia, which are 2 km long
- crystal clear sea and well-preserved nature
- attractive Mount Biokovo with its nature park
- the starting point for the most attractive excursions in Dalmatia
- a bustling nightlife and great entertainment
- a wide choice of outdoor sports
- cultural and historical sights
- the Museum of Malacology with the finest seashell collection in Croatia
- a wide-ranging culinary offer
Fun and relaxation at seafront location
A fantastic holiday experience right by the sea in Makarska!